What Does it Take to be a Successful Medical Director?
Whether you’ve been working in the field for one year or 20, the Core Curriculum on Medical Direction in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care (PALTC) will give you the tools you need to succeed as a medical director. This course provides an opportunity for medical
directors to connect from around the country with vastly different experiences. Find out what is happening at other facilities and gain ideas, support, and inspiration. The Core Curriculum is the only program of its kind, offering comprehensive
instruction on management and leadership within the PALTC setting.
The Goal of this Comprehensive Training Course is to Foster and Enhance the Leadership Role of the Medical Director by:
- Developing practical skills needed to fulfill the role and responsibilities of the medical director.
- Identifying the unique aspects of the PALTC environment that impact the medical director’s job.
- Describing the organizational dynamics of the medical director and the interdisciplinary team.
- Developing communication skills, leadership skills, and team building strategies to deal with responsibilities for the interdisciplinary team, residents, and their families.
- Explaining the resident care responsibilities of the medical director, including emergency care, quality management, family systems, and ethical considerations.
- Improving the medical director’s ability to learn and practice in the evolving environment of health care delivery.
- Applying newly acquired knowledge to daily facility and practice activities.
Key Topics Include:
Role and Responsibilities of a Medical Director
- Regulatory Compliance and the Survey Process
- Quality Improvement
- Residents’ Rights
- Medical Staff Oversight
- Infection Control
- Billing and Coding
- Risk Management
- Healthcare Ethics
- And more!
"The Core Curriculum provides education about PALTC that I did not get from medical school, residency, or fellowship. It is specific to better navigating the complex clinical and administrative challenges in the nursing home. AMDA's education is very high yield and relevant to my practice in the nursing home and as medical director."
- 2020 Course Attendee
The Core Curriculum is Divided into Three Parts:
Please note that completing both the Online Core Curriculum and Faculty Forum is a prerequisite for attending the Core Synthesis weekend.
- Online Core Curriculum: On-demand presentations and assessments that participants can view online, covering the 22 critical areas impacting PALTC leadership and management. You can start and complete the program on your schedule while
earning up to 29 credits. Learn more here.
- Faculty Forum: Included in your registration for the Online Core Curriculum, a live, 1 hour long, virtual opportunity to discuss the course material in real time with course faculty and how it applies to situations medial directors
face every day.
- Core Synthesis: A weekend program comprised of dynamic lectures, interactive role plays, case-based discussion, and small group breakouts while earning up to 17.0
credits. Core Synthesis is offered multiple times per year in both in-person and virtual formats.
The Core Curriculum (Online and Synthesis) or its equivalent PALTC management educational program is required for all Certified Medical Director (CMD) candidates. Learn more here about the certification process.
|| Regular Rate $1,795
|| Regular Rate $1,995
| Synthesis Course
|| Early Bird Rate $795
Regular Rate $895
Late Rate $995
| Early Bird Rate $1,095
Regular Rate $1,195
Late Rate $1,295
Become an AMDA member and save!
Please click on individual course offerings below for more information on dates, rates, and credit information.