What Does it Take to be a Successful Medical Director?
Whether you’ve been working in the field for one year or 20, the Core Curriculum on Medical Direction in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care (PALTC) will give you the tools you need to succeed. The Core Curriculum is the only program of its kind, offering comprehensive instruction on management and leadership within the PALTC setting. It also offers CME, ABIM MOC, and CMD management credits.
The goal of this comprehensive course is to create a stronger sense of the leadership role of the medical director and to provide opportunities to hone skills and interact with peers.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
Develop practical skills needed to fulfill the role and responsibilities of the medical director.
- Identify the unique aspects of the PALTC environment that impact the medical director’s job.
- Describe the organizational responsibilities and dynamics of the medical director and the interdisciplinary team.
- Develop communication skills to deal with responsibilities for the interdisciplinary team, residents, and their families.
- Explain the resident care responsibilities of the medical director, including emergency care, quality management, family systems, and ethical considerations.
- Enhance leadership skills and team building towards a stronger role for the medical director with the interdisciplinary team.
- Develop human resource skills to deal with difficult situations and improve personal effectiveness in this area.
- Improve the medical director’s ability to learn and practice in the evolving environment of health care delivery.
- Apply newly acquired knowledge to daily facility and practice activities.
Critical Topics Include:
|Regulatory Issues||Residents’ Rights||Quality Management||Infection Control|
|Risk Management||Ethics||Staff Oversight||And more!|
The Core Curriculum is Divided into Two Parts:
- Online Core Curriculum: Recorded presentations and assessments that participants can view and access online. Office hours lead by members of the Core Curriculum committee will also be available to course participants throughout each program. The Online Core is offered three times a year: Winter, Spring, and Fall.
- Core Synthesis: A weekend program comprised of dynamic lectures, interactive role plays, case-based discussion, and small group breakouts. There’s also plenty of time for networking. It is offered twice a year, typically during the summer and fall.
Please note that completion of the Online Core Curriculum is a prerequisite for attending the Core Synthesis weekend.
The Core Curriculum (Online and Synthesis) or its equivalent PALTC management educational program is required for all Certified Medical Director (CMD) candidates. Learn more here about the certification process.
|| Regular Rate $1,795
Late Rate $1,995
| Regular Rate $2,095
Late Rate $2,295
| Synthesis Course
|| Early Bird Rate $795
Regular Rate $895
Late Rate $995
| Early Bird Rate $1,095
Regular Rate $1,195
Late Rate $1,295
Please click on individual course offerings to view dates for rate changes.
Become an AMDA member and save!